CITP is a standard system allowing lighting devices to communicate and share information. This is often used with media servers to allow the console to get media thumbnail images and layer information from the server. The thumbnail images can then be used on the console to select media clips.
This section does not apply to Ai media servers which use the Synergy system to communicate with Titan consoles.
Example CITP setup
This example shows how to set up a Hippotizer with Titan.
- Connect the console and Hippotizer to the network. (You can connect the Hippotizer directly to the console, if no other devices are being connected, using a crossover patch cable).
- Set up the IP addresses and subnet masks of the console and Hippo so
that they are on the same address range, for example
- If you are using Titan Mobile or Titan Simulator ensure the firewall on your PC is disabled. Also ensure the Hippo machine is not running a firewall.
- Run the Hippo system. Make sure the CITP component is running.
- Go to the System menu (Avo + Disk) and select DMX Settings.
- On the left hand side under Art-Net you should see the Hippo with its IP address. Click on it and then on the right hand side click on the DMX line you want to use it with.
- On the assigned Hippo node on the right hand side, click the button and set the Universe number to match the universe setting on the Hippo.
- Press Exit to go back to the default menu.
- Restart the console software using the option on the Tools menu (for Titan Mobile, Titan Go or Simulator just close and restart the Titan software).
- Go into Patch mode and select Active Fixtures. You should see the Hippo with its IP address as a softkey option.
- Select the Hippo, then set the DMX line to match the line you set in Step 6.
- Press an empty fixture handle to patch. The console will automatically patch the required layers and master layer as a series of fixture buttons.
- Now if you select a fixture and open the Attribute Editor window you should see the media thumbnails.
The next time you start the system, ensure the Hippo is powered up before you start the console.
If you decide to re-patch to a different DMX address you will need to re-start the Hippotizer software. You will also need to reset the Art-Net nodes if you are moving across DMX lines.